...some specs about the cab
The limited edition of 600 pieces worldwide this 4x12“ cabinet is the authentic replica of that oversized cabs that Jimi Hendrix played. It excites many Fans of his sound.
The original cabinet was built in 1966 and relaunched as limited edition on the occassion of its 40th aniversarry. Especially the legendary pinstripe-grill-cloth and its imposing size (nearly 20cm bigger than a 1960) provides a great impression.
Celestion™ G12C™ 25W speaker were used for reproducing the characteristic sound of the 60s G12M25 Greenbacks.
This cab works perfect for Blues, Classic Rock and Hard Rock.
- Lots of options, huh? Dude, we PROMISE: You won`t be overwhelmed! All `pro IR series` libraries provide QUICK SATISFACTION and EASINESS just as well as all the options, PRO USERS may looking for! LEARN MORE how to NAVIGATE and find YOUR IR complement FAST & PRODUCTIVE for your individual signal chain on the FOLLOWING SLIDES!
pro IR series - feature set & IR structure
- Just listen to the 5 `I_dealized NULL Amp` MULTI mix IRs (appendix _I). STAY with the one, you LIKE most. CONGRATS - you`re DONE! QUICK & EASY, right? The OVERVIEW folder recap all the well balanced MULTI mix IR representations of the whole guitar CAB or individual speaker A, B, C & D.
Start from the OVERVIEW folder! Don`t wonder, if your search ends right here!
- Just jump DIRECTLY into the MIX folder of your prefered Speaker A, B, C, D or the whole CAB, if you MAY WANT try some more flavours of your mostly liked MULTI IR.
Favor Speaker A? Ready for some more flavours?
- The MIX-Speaker folders contain 30 BY EAR selected microphone PAIRS.
... or IR mixes from speaker B?
- The `M` in front of the two digits stands for MPT (minimal phase transform). Those 15 MPT mixes each MIX-Speaker folder provide are perfectly time aligned and support generally a more OPEN & DIRECT `in your face` sound, like a single miced cabinet will do.
... or IR mixes from speaker C?
- The `R` in front of the two digits stands for RAW (including real phase & authentic running time). Those 15 RAW mixes each MIX-Speaker folder provide will have in general a SMOOTHER top-end and can be rich of `CHARACTER`.
... or IR mixes from speaker D?
- The MIX-Cabinet folder include mix IRs including ALL speakers of the cabinet. Beside the MULTI mix, you`ll find mixes with certain microphones. You want the whole CAB, but exclusive captured from f. ex. the Shure™ SM57? Here you`ll find it... also again: MPT & RAW variants available.
... or whole CAB mixes?
- Sometimes, just a SINGLE-MIC will do the TRICK! The simplicity of a `ROUGH`, `CUTTING THRU` single Shure™ SM57 in front of the guitar cabinet is demonstrated a million times on all stages of the planet. Well, here you`ll find it. Or...
Simply looking for a SINGLE-MIC IR?
- ... take the SINGLE-MIC folders as your source for your OWN IR mixes. Use the MPT folder to mix perfectly time aligned WITHOUT any PHASE ISSUES. Experiment with the RAW variants, if you`re looking for minor real phase cancelations, which can result in more `CHARACTER` and `TOP-END ROLL OFF` effects. As mixing actual guitar cabinets in the Studio.
Want mixing your individual IR? SINGLE-MICs in MPT & RAW offers all options!
- You might have seen the REAR & ROOM IRs in the SINGLE-MIC folders? Overlooked? Scroll back and take a look :) The 5 AMBIENCE Stereo Pairs (L_eft + R_right) include CLOSE-MIC + ROOM-MIC + REAR-MIC. Take those as examples, what you could do for your individual mixes, to get some "room in your IN-EAR" fun ...
Looking for STEREO Ambience?
- 5 SIGNATURE mixes from Artists Anand Mahangoe (AM) and Thibault de Robillard (TR) as `add-on`. Try it! Perhaps you missed something, if not ...
We added some SIGNATURE mixes as well!
cabIR.eu - pro IR series - IR-Formats
cabIR.eu - MR-JIMI Speaker-Cab Impulse-Responses USER-GUIDE
|Construction||4x12" straight box, closed design, oversized|
|Time of production||2006 (orig. 1966-67)|
|Year of manufacture||2006 (orig. 1966)|
|Power rating / Watt||100W|
|Resonance frequency in Hz||113 Hz|
|Comment||Jimi Hendrix Limited Edition|
|Year of manufacture||2006 (orig. 1966)|
|Comment||Only build for this limited edition. Sounds like|
vintage G12M25 „Greenbacks“.